Student Learning Expectations
“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on F.I.R.E!”
~Saint Catherine of Siena
Students at Saint Raphael School are expected to demonstrate the Holy Spirit in their lives with F.I.R.E. They are to “be who God meant you to be” in order to set the world on F.I.R.E.
- Know and serve the Lord through Catholic tradition
- Demonstrate an understanding of scripture
- Respect other faith traditions
- Be an active and reflective learner
- Show grade level proficiency
- Engage in critical thinking and problem solving
- Take responsibility for our actions and choices
- View ourselves as agents of peace and justice
- Understand our role as stewards of the earth
- Strive to do our personal best
- Acknowledge our strengths and our weaknesses
- Seek help when appropriate
- Maintain physical and emotional well-being
Saint Raphael School’s Veritas Program helps students identify and develop the unique strengths that God has given them, so that they can build self-confidence and pursue their highest level of academic success.
As Part of the program, Saint Raphael teachers explicitly teach and cultivate five 21st century IACCT skills: Innovations, Adaptability, Critical Analysis, Cross-cultural communication, and Teamwork.